Friday, April 9, 2010

new spring fave




I rekindled my love for spinach and strawberries on Easter with this yummy salad. The dressing really ties it all together, so don't skip it! I can't wait until our summer farmer's markets open up so I can get the most fresh, ripe, red, juicy strawberries (or I might just have to sneak into Elaine's garden since she's planting some this year!)

Strawberry Spinach Salad!

fresh diced strawberries
spinach leaves (I like to mix in some spring mix leaves, too)
sliced almonds
finely sliced red onion
optional: feta or goat cheese

for the dressing:
1/2 cup of sugar (I use organic sugar as a natural sweetener with no preservatives)
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tblsp poppy seed

In a blender, pour the sugar, salt, vinegar, oil and blend until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds. It is SO delicious!

Happy Spring!


1 comment:

  1. LOVED this salad. And you are right, the dressing is a must. :)

    ReplyDelete