Thursday, July 19, 2012

Toddling & Tears

Baby girl is walking.

It started a few weeks ago with a few free bird steps. She would attempt a few times a day. A few steps and a stumble-trip. 

A week later she got brave enough to take 8 baby steps into Sam's arms stretched wide.

Then, on her 11 mo bday, I noticed as I was finishing up after dinner that her attempts were constant. Walk 5 steps. Fall down. Get back up and walk 3 more, stumble-trip. I just watched and observed, and reflected on my baby turning toddler.

And I cried.

Toddler-baby. I have to use those words together to keep from tearing up. It's a transition in my mind. What is it about motherhood that has you cry for joy and sadness at the same time?

I'm so sentimental.

And she. She's so adventurous:)



No comments:

Post a Comment