Wednesday, October 14, 2009

psalms to silence the heart

trust (trst)n.
1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
2. Custody; care.
3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
4. Reliance on something in the future; hope.

I'm encouraged to fully trust my heavenly Father with our future when I read these poetic and heart-felt Psalms...

16:7-11 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

61:8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before himl
God is a refuge for us.

145:15 The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season.
You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing.

103: 1-5 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all this is within me, bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy
who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.


No comments:

Post a Comment